Monday, May 6, 2013

So, here's what I do...

Too often we define ourselves by our "career", which less face it, can be fairly boring to talk about at times...but wouldn't it be cool if you could answer the question with this...
You'll never hear me discussing what I do to earn a living here on my blog. It's not what this blog is  about at all. What I "do" here, and what I "do" at the office are so far removed, it's not even funny.

I do mum things.
When I get home from work, my car becomes a taxi...ferrying my children to dance classes and footy training. I help them with their homework. I listen to them read. I run baths, brush hair, and tell them to pick up their belongings. I encourage them, and mediate their fights. I tend to scrapped knees, and tuck them in at night. I teach them the ways of the world, and try to mold them into great little human beings. It's a mum thing.

I do wife things.
I listen to my hubby talk about his day. I allow him to vent and get his woes off his chest. I encourage him. I push him. I nag him. I back him up when it comes to disciplining and raising our children. I love him unconditionally, literally through thick and thin. I support him, and he does the same for me. I give him special cuddles. It's a wife thing.

I do creative things.
I write my blog. I create sketches to inspire other scrapbookers. I design digi stuff for other bloggers so that their web space is pretty too. I enjoy what I do. I play with paper and glue. I capture memories and record them. I decorate our home with pretty things and with love. I sing loudly in my car. I learn new lessons. I try new things. It's a me thing.

These things and more are all part and parcel of what I "do".
So tell me...what do you do?

Day 6, Monday: If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'?

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...