Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I love reunions...

and I'm about to be reunited with her...

She's Dream Date Barbie (1983), and she's beautiful! I had her as a little girl and I just adored playing with her. Her dress can be changed into different styles too depending on how you wrap it around her. Loving the hot pink and purple combo and that side pony! I used to lie her flat on the floor and brush her hair for hours. I once made her an apartment out of mum's nesting coffee tables that was candle lit (birthday candle) too...unfortunately the flame got too close to Beth's toy puppy and it caught on fire! oops...lol. She also had an awesome convertible car (my rollerskate). Those were the days!

For some reason, I've been wanting to get her back...guess its because Eme loves playing with Barbie now and I want her to enjoy the same ones I did. I have no idea what happened to my one, so I've been scouring ebay, and I just had the winning bid! YAY!! She's in perfect condition, never removed from the box! Not sure if I'll actually get it out...lol. Now all I need is Peaches and Cream Barbie and Pretty and Pink Barbie and all my childhood Barbies will be together again. I'm thinking there's a layout here...watch this space.

lol. Lis.

8 comments:

Belynda-Lee said...

hi there, just came across your blog, your layouts are just beautiful, those colour combos are awesome.
belynda xo

Charleegirl said...

Hey Lisa... I had her too. Where did she go? Being one of 5 girls, there were Barbie's galore at my place. The house, the convertable, the campervan, the horses and of course the ever handsome KEN.... So glad you can share this with Eme now. Charlotte isnt really into Barbie just yet, but I am waiting for it!!!! See u Friday night....Alicia

Belinda Venables said...

OMG...I remember her too! I LOVED that wrap around dress! Purple was my fav. colour as a child!!

Thanks for taking me down memory lane. I'm off to call my mum to ask where all my old Barbies are..lol.

Belinda Venables said...

oohh I forgot to add.
Do you remember the old plastic Barbie furniture? The arm chairs etc? Don't supose you have come across any of that in your ebay travels? I use to love that, so much better than the Barbie furniture they have these days.
xx

Anonymous said...

I LOVED barbies - I played with them for HOURS. I think I had that one, but I had so many I don't remember. I'm sure your daughter will enjoy playing with her.

Sar said...

OMG, I never would've guessed you were a barbie girl! How awesome that you and Eme can be barbie fans together! Hehe!

Cheers,
Sar

Anonymous said...

you go girl!
no more candle lighting for barbie though.
Beth
xx

Anonymous said...

...not only did I spend hours brushing her hair, but my friends and I would grind up coloured chalk (yes, you heard right) and mix it with a little wayer and dye barbies hair with it.

OK, it didn't last long but Barbie was rockin the pink or purple or green hair long before she came that way from the box!!

We were so ahead of our time. Ha!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...