Monday, November 12, 2012

Aussie Curves | Pretty pastels...

This week's Aussie Curves challenge is pretty pastel shades. A "pastel" refers to any colour that is light in shade, soft and delicate...colours that invoke thoughts of Spring and femininity.
I love pastel colours, however they don't appear in my wardrobe choices very often. I prefer bolder colours (as you may have realised by now). I didn't let that deter me from playing along with this week's challenge though.  This tunic from Autograph has a lovely floral detail along the hemline in pastel shades of pink and lilac, as well as a soft coral...and enough bold teal to keep me happy.
Blonde hair and pastel shades work really well together...it's fresh and light...perfect for warmer weather.
My trusty teal cardigan by City Chic, pulls together the teal detail from the tunic, and necklace. Clearly this has been the best purchase I've made in a long time, because it goes with EVERYTHING! Are you sick of seeing it yet...or do you like seeing how it can be worn in different ways?
These fun accessories from Colette feature various pastel shades, most of which appear in the tunic...what a great find! I've said it before and I'll say it...if you are a pear shape, wear a bold necklace to draw attention away from your hips.
To finish off my outfit, I've popped on coral ballet flats...tying in the pastel coral of the tunic. Super comfortable, and perfect for the mum on the go.
I'm so glad I embraced the pretty pastels this week. One of the greatest things about the Aussie Curves challenge...aside from seeing what everyone else is wearing...is pushing you outside of your comfort zone, to try things you normally wouldn't!
What I wore...
Tunic | Autograph
Leggings | Autograph
Cardigan | City Chic
Accessories | Colette
Shoes | Rubi Shoes
Do you wear pretty pastels?

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...