Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Bloggers Brunch | November 2012

As a blogger, I am invited to some pretty cool events, such as the Bloggers Brunch hosted by Kids Business.  "What's a Bloggers Brunch?", you might ask. It's an event designed to bring brands and bloggers together.
For the brands, it's an opportunity to showcase their products, build relationships with bloggers, and to dip their toes into social media (something a lot of brands are quite new to). For bloggers, it's an opportunity to catch up with blogging friends you may only ever talk to online, to build new relationships with brands and bloggers alike, share ideas, discuss blogging business, and to be inspired. The added bonus...sharing a lovely day out, listening to inspiring speakers, nibbling on delicious food, and taking home some great goodies from the brands participating on the day. Last Friday I attended my third Bloggers Brunch, and each one has exceeded my expectations. Christie Nicholas and her team at Kids Business always put on a great event.

Here's a bit of a run down...

Kambrook returned for their second Bloggers Brunch. I first met the Kambrook team in Melbourne where they showcased their soup maker and pressure cooker. This time, we got to see their new Speed Serve slicer and grater in action (great product!), as well as some of their Little Chefs range.  I'm throwing away my cake pop tin, and investing in the Little Chefs Cake Pop Maker...too easy!  Kambrook generously gave me a Little Chefs Ice Cream Maker, and I can't wait to make some frozen yoghurt in there...I'll let you know how it goes. The kids are very excited!
I needn't have bothered having my eyebrows waxed the day before the event, because Nads were on hand to do it for free! Oh well...knowing how red my face goes afterwards, I'm pretty sure I dodged a bullet there. I was given a bag of Nads products to test out at home. I may have to take a Valium beforehand though, after witnessing one of the Rust-Oleum reps have his nostrils waxed! OUCH!! lol.  

I joked with the rep from Rust-Oleum that everytime I heard their name, I couldn't help but think of Rust-Eze from the Cars movie (I must have been brainwashed by the excessive number of times I've watched it with the kids!).  Rust-Oleum doesn't just have sprays for rusty cars. Their products can be used for pretty much any home decor and craft project. They also have chalkboard and whiteboard paints, glass frosting sprays and more! I was given some gold and silver metallic sprays, and I've already used the silver on a Christmas project...stay tuned for that in another post.

Spotlight were the major sponsors of this event, and as you can imagine, I was pretty darn happy to see the new Amy Tangerine line for American Crafts there to play with. I made a quick card for a friend, and ooohed and ahhhed over all the crafty pretties. I do love Spotlight! The goody bag I took home was quickly divided up by the kids...they love getting crafty too.

Dyson held demonstrations of their new rechargeable hand-held vacuum cleaner...perfect for spot cleaning around the home. We were given the mini one pictured on the right...which I'll be giving to my nephew as part of his Christmas present this year.
Philadephia provided lunch for us, and we taste tested their new stir through sauces...Thai Green Curry, and Tomato and Italian Herbs. Both were absolutely delicious! There were also cakes and cupcakes available to taste, iced in their new cream cheese frostings, however I didn't manage to try them at the time. I did bring home a goody bag with one of each though, and I plan to get baking very soon. We've already tried the stir through sauces at home, and they easy to prepare, and delicious to eat. My kids even went back for seconds! I'll be adding them to our shopping cart in the future, that's for sure.

Bevilles Jewellers showcased their new range of personalised jewellery. I was really impressed with their pieces, particularly their name necklaces...finally I can get something for Emeline with her name on it (the joys of choosing an unusual name for your child. lol). Their imprint and family pieces were just as impressive. The ring on the right would be the perfect gift for any mother or grandmother...with the names engraved next to the child's birthstone.
This Bloggers Brunch, I was announced as a "Happiness Inspires Happiness" recipient! I was rewarded with a small grant to invest in myself (I've decided to put it towards my trip to BlogHer), and a trophy, which now takes pride of place next to my computer. Each time I look at it, I'm reminded of why I blog. To share my stories, and to inspire others.  My "Happiness Inspires Happiness" post will be live soon, and I'll be sharing how to increase your happiness and confidence as a plus size woman.
Congratulations to these talented bloggers...Seana (Sydney, Kids, Food & Travel),
Kym (Divine Finds), Megan (Edan Rose), and Linda (Mums on the Go)...who were also named as Happiness Inspires Happiness recipients.
I had a fabulous time at the Bloggers Brunch, catching up with my bloggy friends, listening to the inspiring speakers, having a laugh, and meeting all of the brands. If you're an Australian blogger, and would like to participate in a future Bloggers Brunch...you can register here...I highly recommend it.

Disclosure: I was not obligated to blog about any of the brands and products mentioned above, and no payment was received. All opinions expressed are purely my own.

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...