Thursday, June 23, 2011

Mum stuff | Checking out the pearly whites...

Like most parents, we struggle to get our children to clean their teeth. Obviously its just too much of a chore sometimes. I remember being lazy with my teeth too, but then I had to get braces at the age of 8 and had to lift my game immensely.  As a toddler, Seth would clamp his mouth shut and we'd have to practically force the little toothbrush in there...many many tears were shed at the time.  These days, he's much more cooperative.  Eme was the opposite, she would happily put the toothbrush in there, just so that she could eat the paste. lol.

Yesterday, the kids had their first visit to the dentist.  We've been on the waiting list for the dental clinic for a while and we hadn't told the kids they were going until recently.  They were really good about it...despite what the photos look like. lol. Seth volunteered to go first.  The light was irritating him, so he popped on his sunnies...an excellent strategy for lying back in the dentist's chair.  Eme copied, and she was happy lying there too.
The kids loved the dentist and she did a great job. Turns out, the kids have been brushing their teeth really well! That was shocker...I was imagining fillings for sure.  Eme's didn't need cleaning at all, and Seth's needed a little bit at the front. He proudly showed off his polished teeth to me and told me they were nice and shiny.  After they finished, the dentist rewarded them both with new toothbrushes and water bottles for school. Nice.

Seth is going to need to see an orthodontist...soon.  He's lost the top four teeth and two big whopper adult ones have filled the gap. I have no idea where the other two are going to pop out. Unfortunately he has a small mouth just like me...which is why I had braces at 8 and again at 15.  Hopefully the orthodontist will be able to do something less invasive for him. I'm sure in the last 20-30 years they've made some progress. lol.  I don't want him looking like Chad Morgan (google if you dare).

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...