Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Aussie Curves | Black and White...

Welcome back for another installment of Aussie Curves! This week we're tackling the tried and true classic combination...black and white...
White doesn't feature heavily in my wardrobe. Some might say that I'm a bit of a mess magnet. Generally, if I'm wearing white, I'll spill something on myself or sit in a big pile of dirt. I've made an exception with this number...note the solid black on top...just in case. lol.
My outfit this week came together a little backwards. I recently found this necklace ridiculously reduced at Equip, and I just had to buy it. I had nothing to wear it with, but I knew it would find it's outfit at some point in time. Fast forward a few weeks, while I was shopping to go away on a cruise; I happened upon this fun black and white leopard dress. Perfect...and at only $15, it was an absolute steal. A leopard print is a pretty bold pattern, but knowing I have a party coming up with a leopard dress code, I felt confident I would definitely wear it more than once. Don't you just love my fur-baby Marley! He wanted in on the action too...
I love mixing up patterns! Who said animal print and chevron don't work together? lol. I must admit...those Kardashian girls know how to design a fun handbag. Despite it's small size, it's completely practical, holding everything a girl needs for a night out on the town.
White earrings and a black blinged up cocktail ring coordinate beautifully with the piano key inspired necklace. Talk about adding a little drama!  I'm trying to teach myself new ways to do my hair. Tonight I've experimented with a twisted side braid and messy bun. What do you think?
There you have it...black and white all over! A comfortable and sophisticated outfit featuring a classic colour combination that works well in any season...how could a girl go wrong.
What I wore...
Dress | Lily and Lou
Cardigan | Autograph
Belt | Autograph
Necklace | Equip
Earrings and ring | Diva
Handbag | Kardashian
Boots | Rubi Shoes

Are you a fan of wearing black and white...or do you feel compelled to add a splash of colour?

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...