Thursday, April 9, 2009

Are you up for the challenge??

INSPIRED BLUEPRINTS
Its Blueprint Bonanza at Inspired Blueprints during April! Instead of the usual two sketches, we are releasing 8!! Each of our Inspiration Team members have created layouts and sketches for you, and there's also interviews so you can get to know the team better. This month's sponsor is Gauche Alchemy, who very generously provided the design team with kits to play with. Here's my layout based on Sketch 13 by Lynlee.
Gauche Alchemy's kits contain lots of vintage book papers and ephemera, and I've used a lot of it here. The chipboard tree featured here is the one I designed for Scrapware. I have covered the canopy in fabric, inked the leaves and flowers, and added a little kindy glitz. Other pieces I've used from the kit are the stamp, the puppy comes from a children's book, other book pages, and dictionary sheet...it just so happened I received the "d" page and was able to use "daily" and "dabster" (which apparently means "an expert"), so that worked out well with the theme of my layout.COLOR COMBOS GALORE
I almost forgot to share CCG #116! Last week's combo was inspired by one of CCG's participants. I love this combo! Its so masculine and fresh. CCG #117 will be released very soon and I can't wait to share that one with you.
clear sky - solar flare - crisp linen - milk chocolate
Here's my take...I have had this sheet of Rouge de Garance paper in my stash forever, and it was finally good to put it into use. I took this photo of Seth one day when he was feeling a little blue about being smaller/younger than the other kids...I keep reminding him that he will be as old as the other kids one day and to enjoy his childhood, because its the only one you get...hence, small steps. I have used Scrapware's new fonts that were released at SIA.GCD STUDIOS!
I recently applied for the GCD Studios design team, and unfortunately I was unsuccesful, however, they have selected me to be one of their "Spotlight Gals"! Over the next few months, they will showcase a few of my layouts...so exciting! I will upload the layouts once they've been shown on the GCD blog. They have released some gorgeous papers in the last couple of months and I can't wait to get my hands on some and play.

LAST BUT NOT LEAST...
I have been asked to join the design team at Scrapbook Savvy! Sar is the new owner of Scrapbook Savvy as from yesterday, and I'm so excited for her. Sar has a passion for scrapbooking that is immeasurable and I can't wait to create with/for her and the design team.
During April, you have the opportunity to win a gift certificate from Scrapbook Savvy, simply by scraplifting this layout by me!
You can take inspiration from the colours, or the design, or whatever it is that this layout inspires in you. Can't wait to see your takes...upload them here. There's are some other challenges being run in the forum at the moment as well. Come and say hi.

One last plug...don't forget to leave your comments on the previous post to go into the drawer for some Scrapware goodies!

Have a fabulous Easter everyone...hope the bunny leaves you lots of chockie goodness! Lis.

6 comments:

Sar said...

So happy to have you Lisa, thanks for being such a great friend and support, mwah!

Cheers,
Sar

Laura T. said...

Love the layouts -- the colors for the Color Galore challenge are AWESOME. I'm so far behind. I just posted my take on the #9 sketch over at Inspired Blueprints.

Steph Devlin said...

Hey beautiful, just thought I would pop in and say hello. I adore that CCG layout (considering the colors - lol) your design is just gorgeous. Wow you live a busy life hon, so wonderful to see what you have been up to.
Steph xo

Amy Wing said...

Hey Lisa -
Thanks so much for your kind review of the Gauche Alchemy kit you are using for the Inspired Blueprints promo. The page you made with it is fantastic! I love how you used all the vintage ephemera, the stamp, the illustration from the children's book... looks SO great!

naomi said...

OMG lisa you are a machine..... foof love the layouts
love naomi x

kathie said...

Congrats on Scrapbook Savvy.

You know, every month I try to get to do a challenge, and so far I have not been very successful. I do love them though. I might try to do Inspired Blueprints this month. Cross your fingers that I find some time.

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...