Monday, December 31, 2012

Aussies Curves | the little black dress

It's December, and the party season is in full swing. Every woman, even the plus size lovely, needs a little black dress in her wardrobe.  The dress she can rely on to feel and look gorgeous..every single time she puts it on. Join the Aussie Curves women this week, as they show of their LBD's.
This dress was my first foray into online fashion shopping. I was so nervous that it wouldn't meet my expectations, but I couldn't have been more wrong. It fit perfectly! I wore it to my brother in law's wedding last year, and it's been hanging in the wardrobe ever since for the next special event (yeah, I don't go out much).
To get party ready and to change up the look, I've swapped out the ribbon sash, for a more structured, thick elastic belt; exchanged the white accessories for bling; and slipped on a pair of pointy heels.
This pretty dress has a couple of layers...a solid black dress, with a sheer, sequined overlay.  The skirt skims over my hips, and has a lovely, flowing feel.  To smooth out my silhouette, I'm wearing a pair of "Higher Power" Spanx underneath (oh no...my secret has been revealed!). Seriously, invest in a pair...they're well worth it. Not only do they smooth out the bumps, and hold everything in place; they prevent the dreaded inner thigh rub. Perfect.
A couple of week's ago, I missed the Aussie Curves "bling" edition...and I'm sure I've more than made up for it here. lol. My sister has given me each of these beautiful bling accessories as gifts over the years (lucky me!), and they all work so well together. That's the great thing about a rhinestone...they always co-ordinate. As for the fascinator...I made this last year for my mum to wear to her Christmas party, and I've since reclaimed it! Fascinators amp up the fun factor big time during the festive season, and while this one features holly, it's colour makes it more than suitable to wear on New Year's as well.
Here's a great piece of advice from Trinny and Susannah that has stuck with me for years ---> avoid a heel with an ankle strap, because it will make your legs look thicker...and there's nothing like a pair of pointy heels to elongate the leg! Tick!! I couldn't agree more.
One little black dress...and I'm ready to go to the party!
What I wore...
Dress | Dream Diva
Cardigan | Autograph
Heels | Kmart
Belt | City Chic
Fascinator | handmade by me (bits and pieces from Spotlight)
Accessories | gifts from my sister

Do you have an LBD in your wardrobe? It's one fashion investment you won't regret.
Happy New Year everyone! See you on the flip side with more Aussie Curves posts...

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...