Monday, December 3, 2012

Aussie Curves | Orange

Don't be scared by this week's Aussie Curves challenge...you can wear orange and not look like a pumpkin! I absolutely love orange. To me, orange is the new black.  There's not a week that goes by, that I don't add a pop of orange to an outfit. In fact, the handbag I use everyday is bright orange and hot pink (thank you Kardashian ladies for designing that one!). It really does lift your mood.
For this week's outfit, I've combined a few different shades of orange with pink and red, for a fresh, summery look. I originally bought this dress as a light option to wear on a hot summer's day, or to pop over the top of my swimmers. By adding an orange jacket, I've been able to give this casual dress a new identity!
Pale orange and pink accessories, compliment the coral orange and reds in my frock, and add another layer of colour to my overall look.
When wearing a bright colour such as orange, make sure you choose a shade that compliments your skin tone. As a fair skinned blondie, a bold orange (such as that of my wedge heels below) would be too much. The coral of my jacket brightens my face and hair colour, giving me a healthy glow.
Bright orange wedge heels, while being super comfortable and light to wear, add a serious pop of colour...carrying the colour scheme right throughout my outfit.
I'm so glad this challenge has pushed me to shop my wardrobe, and give my clothing new life! I had honestly dismissed this dress as nothing more than a casual option for bumming around the house. Now, I can't wait for my next lunch date to throw it on again!
What I wore...
Dress | Autograph (previous season)
Jacket | Autograph
Wedge heels | Payless Shoes
Accessories | Diva (previous season)
Photography | Beth Tahiri Photography

There you have it...orange from head to toe, and not a pumpkin in sight!  How often do you "shop" your wardrobe? It's amazing how mixing up the clothing pieces and accessories you already own, can save your budget.



You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...