Saturday, March 12, 2011

Scrapware | Mini album

Have you got a big project? Why not go mini?  I don't often create mini albums, but when I have a subject that calls for more than a double page layout, a mini album is the perfect answer.  This week on the Scrapware blog, the DT has been showcasing inspiring mini album projects that I know will get you creating!

I have used Scrapware's new bracket mini album to document a recipe. Not just any recipe, but my husband's grandmother's bunsa recipe.  What's bunsa you might ask? Its a Bulgarian dish made of feta and filo pastry that Andrew's family enjoys every time they get together...and its delicious!!  I love this recipe. Not only because the recipe has been shared in the family, but because of how its written. Andrew's cousin wrote it down one day while talking to Nanna, and it includes things along the lines of "this is how you make the filo, but you don't make it, you buy it...". lol.
I have used Lily Bee Design's "Domestic Bliss" collection including patterned papers, rubons and chipboard shapes.  I covered the bracket in a grid patterned paper by Rasberry, then added rubons around the frame.  All of the edges have been inked in Umber.  For the inner pages I have stuck to the formula of photo,  patterned paper and embellishments on the left facing page, and recipe on the right.
The back cover has been covered in patterned paper and a diecut shape. A Scrapware flourish sweeps across the back cover, extending out from under a Lily Bee chip shape. The flourish has been been coated in glaze only so that the other colours pop.
I love how this album turned out and I can't wait to pass it onto our grandchildren one day!

Scrapware products used:
ALB22 Bracket album
CH428 Alyssa flourish (large)
AZ01 Teen lowercase alphas
Chip flower (front cover)

Head on over the Scrapware blog and check out the other projects on display.

Cheers, Lis.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ohhh this is beautiful !!!! xx

Chloe and Her Clip On Koalas said...

I totally agree with Tina. That is just the most gorgeous thing!

Bianca said...

oh this has made my have a little cry. So beautiful! Just the most precious thing! xx

Mel said...

This is just stunning lisa, and the perfect paper to showcase this wonderful recipe. Melxx

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...