Thursday, January 20, 2011

Scrapware | His & Hers

I don't know about you, but I always pack my scrap bag when we go on family holidays. Obviously I don't pack my mega XXL tote, but a small supply in my Amy Butler bag (love it!)...it pays to be prepared for a rainy day or for when the kids have gone to bed and hubby is watching cricket! Usually I pack a bundle of photos, my inks/mists, a couple of Storyboard kits, random patterned paper and embellies and some Scrapware chipboard.
(Un)luckily we had a rainy day, so it was time to pull out the stash and play.  I just love Scrapware's His & Hers chipboard.  I've used the little boy chip before and recently refound the little girl chip in my bag...too cute and perfect for this layout about Eme's graduation from preschool. Papers are from Bella Blvd's "midterm" collection.

CH158 His & Hers
(also available in a mini version)
I often use textas to colour chipboard, and Scrapware chipboard takes the ink really well.  So that the colours don't bleed together, I start by defining the different areas with a craft knife, just scoring it so that it doesn't cut all the way through. I then set about colouring and adding highlights. Tracing around the edges in a black fine tip helps give it even more definition. Finally, adding a coat of paper tole glaze gives it a nice glossy finish and seals the piece.
If you haven't tried dipping into your children's coloured textas to change up the look of your chipboard...I suggest you go raid their stash now before they go back to school! ;-)

Cheers, Lis.

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...