Monday, August 24, 2009

Scrapbooking Delights - Class layouts

For the retreat, I taught two classes. Both classes were an hour long and everyone completed a layout and walked away with instructions and product to complete an additional layout and a card.

The first class was an "A to Z of ME" class, and the kit was so pretty...filled with Teresa Collins, Heidi Swapp, Adorn Its, ribbons, flowers, jewel brads...very nice. The purpose of the class was to learn how to measure, to use contrasting coloured cardstock instead of the expected and to get ourselves on a layout. Too often we are busy scrapbooking our children and standing behind the camera and forget to add ourselves to our albums. I want my children to know who I am and what I felt, and they will never doubt how much I love them. Here's my layout...
The second layout was about childhood memories...that could be one of your own or one of your child's. I chose to scrap my 8th birthday party. Its so funny that I can remember everything about that day...must have been a special one. I can still remember everyone who attended too. Mum used to make a ring cake with artificial flowers in the centre for all our birthdays. She always thinks I pick on her for that, but the cake does look beautiful. I only realised this weekend that she's actually piped icing around the edge! So happy I revisited this memory. From looking at this layout and the one above, you wouldn't think that these two layouts came from the same kit - so different in colour.
Lastly, here's the card you could create from the kit.
The second class was about combining patterns and colour. I used the Basic Grey "Lemonade" range to show how combining different sized patterns and using cardstock to tie it together can enhance your layout. The class was also about getting more scrap for your buck by using the product across several projects. This layout was inspired by Beatriz Jennings. I love the asymmetrical feel to it.
The second layout was just a pretty family page using the gorgeous BG Lemonade. I cut the transparency and journaling spot to make it extend the length of the page.

There are a couple of each kit left over and le at Scrapbooking Delights for $30 each. The kit contains product and full instructions to recreate the projects above.
they are now for sa
Cheers, Lis.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lis, I wouldn't hesitate to do another of your classes, you are so patient and kind and put up with dills like me without batting an eyelid, you rock as a teacher, thanks for all the lil tips at the retreat, I will be forever grateful, Tiff xx.

Megan Zee said...

Hi Lisa,

Thanks heaps for your help on the weekend. I'm hungry for more...LOL

Cheers,

Megan

On my way... said...

Fabulous Lisa! Oh I would love to be able to do a class of yours, the way you put elements together is beautiful, and I LOVE your cards, gosh Im so terrible with cards, lol.

xx

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...