Monday, August 24, 2009

Inspired Blueprints - Sketch #28

I can't believe how quickly August is flying by! It seems like only yesterday that it was January. The weather is warming up and Spring is definitely in the air. My neighbours blossoms are blooming already, so it won't be long until my front garden is a sea of pink blooms and purple agapanthus...love this time of year.

Know what I also love??? SKETCHES! Really? I hear you saying...lol. The latest sketch for Inspired Blueprints features 5 photos and the layouts by the design team are gorgeous! We also had the pleasure of Wendy Smedley joining us as our guest designer. I've been an admirer of Wendy's layouts and Simple philosophy for years and I was totally thrilled when she said yes! Check out the blog for more inspiration.Here's my take on the sketch. I've used Kaiser's "pennyroyale" range of papers and embellies, and teamed it with some totally beautiful Prima flowers. The colours coordinated perfectly with Eme's new beanie. I wanted to create a warm and girlie layout and I think I managed that.Eme is such a beautiful and fun little girl. She's been watching America's Next Top Model with me and just loves mimicking the models posing. When the camera comes out now, she breaks into all these poses - the hand on the face is one of her favourites...lol.

This past weekend, I have been at the Scrapbooking Delights retreat and I am exhausted! I had a fabulous time...teaching classes, scrapping, setting challenges, helping out everyone. I managed to create 5 or 6 layouts - I can't remember - its all a bit of a blur (lol). I have photos and memories to document and I'll share them in another post.

ttfn, Lis.

3 comments:

BabyBokChoy said...

She is so so so cute! Love the sketch and love your layout. At first glance, the sketch seems too crowded but you made it look not only good but also "must-try-able" :) love it

Suzanne said...

Great page!!! She is adorable!

KimA said...

Love it Lisa! I had the best time at the retreat and a BIG THANKYOU to you and Sandra and Sar for all of the organisation that went into making it such a great creative time

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...