Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Recipe | Weight Watchers Spinach, feta, and sun-dried tomato muffins

Lately I've had a real craving for savoury muffins. I remember making some Weight Watchers muffins years ago, but do you think I could find the recipe? I reread every magazine I had in my stash, and finally resorted to an online search. Thankfully, someone had posted the recipe in the WW forum, and my hubby was able to whip up a batch that very afternoon. They're so yummy, I thought I better share the recipe! I've updated the recipe to reflect the new ProPoints calculations.

Spinach, feta, and sundried tomato muffins
Makes 12 muffins | 5.5 ProPoints per muffin
You will need...
  • 50g sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil) 
  • 150g frozen chopped spinach, thawed 
  • 2 cups self raising flour 
  • 1/2 cup plain flour 
  • good pinch cayenne pepper 
  • 2 eggs 
  • 100g Weight Watchers canola spread, melted 
  • 1 1/4 cups buttermilk 
  • 150g feta, crumbled or diced
Here's how...
  1. Preheat oven to 200c and coat a muffin tray with cooking spray. 
  2. Place sundried tomatoes in a heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes, then drain well and chop. 
  3. Squeeze excess moisture from spinach. 
  4. Sift flours and season with cayenne. 
  5. Beat together eggs, spinach, buttermilk and butter. Add to flour. 
  6. Add the tomatoes and feta to the mixture, and fold together gently until just combined. Spoon into muffin tray. 
  7. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until golden brown and risen. Leave in tin for 5 minutes, then place on a wire rack to cool.
These muffins can be frozen, individually well wrapped, for up to 2 months. Thaw and warm in the oven before serving.

They also make a great addition to your child's school lunch box, or perhaps a simple lunch for yourself. Just add a green salad and voila! Enjoy.




PS. Will your kids like them? hmmm....

Seth: Who are you baking them for?
Andrew: They're for all of us.
Seth: What did I ever do to you??!

lol...after tasting one, Seth decided they were delicious! So, that's a yes.

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...