Monday, December 24, 2012

Aussie Curves | Short story...

Summer in Australia is hot, hot, hot, and what better way to keep cool, than to wear a pair of shorts. This week, the Aussie Curves girls are baring their legs, and sharing how to rock this essential item of clothing this season.
This year's Christmas Eve celebrations called for something smart casual. Today, I've been wearing a colourful, light-weight tunic with a simple pair of black drill shorts. Although it's seriously warm and humid outside, sitting in air-conditioned comfort can get a little chilly, so I've added a short-sleeved denim jacket to my outfit...slipping it on and off as the conditions dictate.
The abstract print of this tunic is so colourful, you could pretty much wear any accessories with it, though I've stuck to my favourites...jade and orange. Well, originally it was mostly jade, until I opened a Christmas present from Mum and Dad today, and found this lovely orange pendant and ring! Happy days.
One of the main reasons I don't wear shorts very often, is because of how they sit on my hips, and accentuate the roundness of my stomach. I love the length of this tunic...skimming past my hips, with the black, frilled hem adding a little texture and detail, without adding bulk. It hides those problem areas nicely.
To finish my outfit, I've popped on a pair of black sandals, with a braided chain detail...super comfortable, and cool to wear. A splash of jade nail polish on my tootsies coordinates beautifully with my outfit.
I must thank my sister for taking this week's photos. This shot was taken at the very end, and I felt very awkward, however I do love how all of my accessories are highlighted. lol
There you have it. A smart, casual Christmas outfit...shorts without comprising on style.
What I wore...
Tunic | Autograph
Shorts | Autograph
Denim jacket | Autograph
Sandals | Kmart
Accessories | Colette and Emerson for BigW

PS. Guess who got a Remington Perfect Curls for Christmas? Yay!!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...