Saturday, October 16, 2010

Inspired Blueprints - Sketch #58

Sketch #58 has been revealed on the Inspired Blueprints blog! When I was designing this sketch, I really wanted to keep it simple and I love the way the design team have interpreted it. Check out their work here.

Here's my take. Our sponsor this month, EAD Designs, provided the team with product to play with and I have used their Damask background sticker on my layout. I have muddied up the sticker a little with ink and glimmermist to take the edge off the white. Love those stickers!
Seth's school celebrated Book Week last month and the kids had to dress up as a character from a book. We went through so many books trying to figure out what he could be, and he finally settled on The Man From Snowy River by Banjo Patterson. You can read the original poem here. Such an easy costume...put on some jeans and a button through shirt, then an Akubra hat, and some rope tied to his belt. All stuff found around the house...thank goodness because we only found out about it the night before! lol.  My journaling follows the flow of the original poem...

There was movement in the classroom,
for the word had passed around
That book week was about to get underway
Seth decided to go as a bushman and looked worth 1000 pound
And all the class had dressed up for the day...

Here's the sketch if you want to play along...
Remember to upload your takes into the Inspired Blueprints gallery by midnight 31 October 2010 to be in the running to win this month's prize from EAD Designs!

tfl, Lis.

1 comment:

Kirsty said...

Oh this is wonderful! I love the sketch too!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...