Friday, February 27, 2009

I love colour!!

Remember a few posts back I mentioned that I had sorted all my patterned papers into colour groups? Since then I have been scrapping up a storm, and you know I love a challenge, so I've decided to start playing along at Color Combos Galore. I love that there's no rules other than to use the colour combination for the week. This week's colour combo (#111) is desert sand, pink roses, marigold, dark chocolate. The names of the colours alone are inspiring (more so than cream, pink, yellow and brown...lol).Having my papers already sorted into colours makes it incredibly easy for me to do this challenge. I just pull out the pink pile, rifle through and select a paper, then ditto for the rest of the colours. Just have to make sure I pick out patterns with different weights. I then dig through my embellies and pull out anything that contains those colours. Too easy! This layout came together in about 30mins. The pics are of my gorgeous pregnant cousin Belinda. Eme and I went to her baby shower on the weekend and had a wonderful time. We're so excited for Belinda and Chris and can't wait to meet their baby in a few weeks time. Eme wanted Belinda to show her the baby. lol. It took a bit of explaining to convince her that that's just not possible. Unfortunately the night before we had watched "Junior" (you remember that awful movie with Danny DeVito and Arnold Schwarzenegger). She had seen the characters give birth, so Eme thought you could just look between Belinda's legs and see the baby!! Oh dear...lol.

On a side note: I will be drawing my Scrapware giveaway tonight and will post the winner tomorrow.

Cheers, Lis.

6 comments:

Sar said...

Love your new layout Lis, you were inspired when you got home from the class weren't you!!!!!

Cheers,
Sar

Danielle said...

What a gorgeous layout!!!! and the color combination is beautiful :)

On my way... said...

Gorgeous Lisa!! Love the little bunch of journalling blocks :) & the CC challenges are fun eh?!

xx

Anonymous said...

30mins??? That's really FAST!! I love the papers you used, such a lovely lo!

Charleegirl said...

I do like the colour combo.. might need to check it out for myself... Stunning LO!! Alicia

Jana Eubank said...

Oooooo! Love what you did with the color challenge! I have seriously thought about sorting my loose extra patterned papers by color, but had always wondered if I would like it or not. You may have just pushed me to give it a try! ;)

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...