Thursday, January 8, 2009

and now back to regular programming...

I've gotten out the paper and glue again and it feels good! I've had a 3 week break from scrapping and I must say, I've missed it terribly. There's something incredibly therapeutic about ripping bits of paper and doodling and re-living the goods times through photos and stories.

I love this pic of Andrew and I (thank you Janine!), and it seemed a perfect fit for the challenge at Noel Mignon this month...to use a love song in your title. This song is from the 70's by The Stylistics and I just love it - you can listen to it here. I've used a whole heap of Heidi Swapp on this one, as well as my new stamps by Inque Boutique - all goodies from my trip up to Scraploot in December.
And while I've been dipping into my new stash, I just had to create this one with the photos from the Scraploot opening. All the products are Heidi Swapp, except for the ribbon and the pre-cut chipboard, which was in our goodie bag. I've stolen a few of the ideas from the layout Heidi created on the night - really going for it with the sanding around the border, stamping "Today" in the centre of the pre-printed frame, using the light grey pen to create a shadow on the stamped word, and wrapping the paper around the side of the layout to create a tab. Its amazing watching someone else scrap - you pick up so many tips and ideas.
I'm still going well with taking photos everyday. I'm not sure how I'm going to put it all together yet, but I'm getting a nice little collection of memories together...for now they will most likely go into one of those standard photo albums until I get my supplies ready. Seth has been helping me to take photos too and he's getting really good at it. He has a pretty good eye for photography actually and he's always taking my camera out of my handbag to play. He took the most gorgeous photo of Emeline recently. He tells me he pushed her onto the ground and stood above her to get the right angle...I think he's been hanging around me to long (lol), but I certainly don't condone pushing children onto the ground to get the perfect photo (I might ask them to, but I don't push...lol).

Thank you everyone who has left me sweet comments and sent emails about my last post. I feel like a weight has been lifted because I have let it out. It can be a burden to carry by yourself. Rest assured, I am taking it day by day and I feel truly blessed to be surrounded by such caring and understanding friends and family.

{{hugs}} Lis.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous work here Lisa - love that pink flourish on the first one, really makes it 'pop'.

take care
Julie xx

Calia Yang said...

OMG!! those layouts are just so beautiful! Sorry I haven't been visiting lately - been busy. ^_^ Hope your new year went well!

Jennifer Yates said...

Lisa! Loving your Scraploot LO! I'm so jealous you got to meet Ms. Heidi! Awesome! Adding you and the DT to my blog today...so lots of blogs I'm reading!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...