Saturday, December 4, 2010

Day 23 of 30

Day 23 – 15 facts about you (me. lol)
  1. I have never had a cup of coffee in my life. I hate the smell of it. I won't eat foods with coffee in it either. Thank goodness for chai lattes because now I have something to drink when I "go out for coffee" with friends.
  2. I lived by myself for a year in my early 20s and it was the most miserable year of my life! I ate chicken, chips and gravy so often that when I walked into the chicken shop, I didn't even have to order. Sad, just sad.
  3. I can't drive a manual car, and it doesn't bother me at all. I just don't need the added pressure of having to change gears as well. I love that I can just start my car and go.
  4. I am naturally blonde, with loads of silver highlights. lol. I have never felt the urge to dye my hair. I am, however, hoping to dye it a pinky peachy colour not unlike this when I'm really old...and I won't care if I look like an Easter egg.
  5. I often forget to eat until after 1pm, and by then I'm starving and pick something bad. Its a vicious cycle and I'm working on it.
  6. I love wearing colourful shoes and have over 30 pairs of ballet flats in many, many colours in my wardrobe. Scary prospect that I could wear a different pair of shoes everyday and not repeat them.
  7. I am excellent at procrastinating. Somedays I just don't know what I've done with my time.
  8. I hate talking on the telephone, although I hate text messages more. Just ring me and tell me what it is without the need for 15 return texts.
  9. I absolutely love watching home decorating shows on television! I could (and have) watch them all day long!
  10. I have a dry sense of humour. People always see me as a bit of a straight person, but once in a while I'll blurt out something frickin' hilarious that you just won't see coming. Having said that, I can't tell a joke to save my life.
  11. I am incredibly shy. I'm one of those quiet people in the corner at the party, I won't ever burst into a room and announce my presence.
  12. I love decorating cakes for my kids and every year they get to pick out what they would like. If its too difficult though, I just let them know I don't have the copyright to use that image. lol. This year Seth had a Mario cake and Eme had a butterfly cake. Usually though, after I've spent so much time decorating the cake, I don't want to eat it! Eme's was an exception this year because it was delicious!
  13. My favourite animal is the giraffe, but I had to stop telling people because my house was filling up with giraffe things! I fed a giraffe at Western Plains Zoo in May and I never realised how massive their heads are! It was a slightly scary experience, but I got teary because I was just so in awe of how beautiful they are close up. Have you ever seen how long a giraffe's eyelashes are?
  14. When I was younger, I wanted to be a sound engineer/roadie and make fabulous music and travel the world with talented musicians. I think I was too scared to go for it! I still absolutely love music and listen to all kinds of genres, much to hubby's dismay...yes there is room in the world for FloRida and Frankie Valli and Diamond Rio and Guns and Roses on the one playlist.
  15. I only ever wanted two children and it wouldn't have mattered whether they were boys or girls. I'm very blessed to be a mum to a son and a daughter. Seth and Eme are great kids and I love them dearly! I can't wait to see who they become and what their future holds. I just hope I give them the confidence and support to seek out their dreams.
Thanks for popping by, Lis.

5 comments:

Wendy Smith said...

it is so lovely reading interesting facts about you lisa. Even though I felt an instant connection like I had known you all my life, it is quite obvious that I havent, and the more I find out about you, the more I like you

Shell Turner said...

Lis, call me a sticky beak but I've loved reading about you. It's always interesting to hear how people discribe themselves. I've never thought of you as shy before, you hide it well!!

Donna said...

wow - I think your answers match mine almost to 80%!!! scary

Karla said...

Well said Lisa. I love giraffes also, I just wish I had legs like them. Congrats on your beautiful children they are very lucky to have a mum such as you. Chin up with the food thing. One day at a time. Did you know it takes 28 days to break a habbit now days??? I just learnt that this week. XX

Kirsty said...

Oh its lovely to find out all these things about you :)
I love text messaging though...much more than speaking on the phone ;)
Your kids are gorgeous!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...