Monday, April 22, 2013

New bedding for an Autumn update with Target

Brought to you by Target Australia

The change of season is upon us, and it's time to place warmer bedding on our beds. This is my favourite time of year...there's just nothing better than snuggling up in a nice, warm bed (especially when it's raining). I use this time to change up the look of our room with a fresh doona cover as well. Target has embraced seasonal decorating with their new "Autumn Haze" (orange and teal) and "Paris" (new neutrals) collections. Not into those colours? Never fear, there's plenty of other Target bedding options available to you...
I would have loved to have rocked the Autumn Haze look...teal and orange is definitely one of my favourite colour combinations...however, our bedroom features dark denim walls, and I know it wouldn't look as beautiful in our space.  I'm always on the look out for bedding that features navy, and the Vali 6 piece bed pack is perfect for us. The white base is fresh and lovely, and the asian inspired block print is not too feminine (I daren't have something too girlie...it's hubby's room too afterall). What sealed the deal was the quilted stitching on the cover...giving us the look of a coverlet, and the convenience of doona insert.
Target's bed packs include a quilt cover, two standard pillow cases, two European pillow cases, and a coordinating decorative cushion. A king size quilt pack is only $85 rrp! You couldn't buy all of those items individually for that price. I also picked up a new quilt insert. Target quilts come in five warmth settings..."one" being light weight and "five" for freezing conditions! We selected a "four"...it's not too cold during winter here, but the nights can get a bit chilly. I was expecting it to be a heavy quilt, but it's so light and lovely to sleep under. The Grandeur collection features little tab ties, so that you can tie your quilt to the cover. Brilliant!! No more losing the doona inside the cover.
...and here 'tis! I prefer the reverse of the European pillowcases so that it ties in the pattern of the decorative cushion. The reverse of the quilt cover is in the same print. As much as I like this look...I just feel like there's something missing. There's no punch of colour, and our bedroom is looking a bit like a willow pattern dinner set. hmmm....
Here's a close up. We've used our navy sheet set on the bed, and there's strictly no sleeping on the white cushions! lol. It's a bit of a pain taking them all off the bed each night, and putting them back again in the morning, but this way they stay nice and fresh looking. The things we do for a comfy looking bed...
So, with adding a pop of colour in mind, I scoured through Target's bed cushions and found these two lovelies.  A floral peach cushion, and another featuring pretty birds (there are birds in every room of our house!).  The yellow bird picks up the colour of the orchids on hubby's dresser, while the other bird features peach to coordinate with the other cushion. btw - Yes, I know I have the smallest bedside table known to man, but gee it holds a lot! lol.
Here's a close up. Don't you think the navy, peach, pale yellow and white colour combination is a winner! Blue and orange sit opposite on the colour wheel, so different shades of those colours work well together too...just like the orange and teal of the Autumn Haze collection.
You may have noticed a snippet of this word art pictured above. My friend Sandra recently gave me this piece for my birthday, and it coordinates with our bedroom beautifully...not just in colour, but in content too. I just love it! If you're looking for some word art for your home, check out Target's home decor for this one, and other's similar.
Back to our room reveal...here's our new Target bedding. Which do you prefer...the plain blue and white, or with the pop of peach? Either way, I can't wait to go to sleep tonight...so cosy and warm!
Do you change up the look of your bedroom with the change of seasons? Now's the time to do it...Target bedding is currently on sale! What colours do you love in your bedroom?

Disclaimer: This post is brought to you as part of a Life as we know it and Target partnership. I received payment and a gift card to spend at Target in store. Product selection was at my own personal discretion and all opinions expressed are my own.

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...