Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Aussie Curves | Retro

Welcome back for another installment of Aussie Curves. This week we're going retro! Retro for me, screams of the 80's...and what epitomises the 80's more than neon!
When I was a kid, I'd totally be wearing head to toe fluro to the school disco. Two pairs of glow socks (alternating colours to mix it up), glow mesh gloves, glow shirt, glow skirt...as much as you could get your hands on!
Now that I'm (ahem) 39, I've had to tone it down a little, using neon for my accessories only so as to not overpower my outfit.  My simple black dress, with white botanical print, has small hits of neon throughout the pattern...just enough to tie this look all together.
I must admit, when I saw neon accessories reappearing in store, I was having happy flash backs. I just had to add a bit to my collection. If I hang onto them long enough, Eme will be wearing them in the future too! Everything old is new again, as they say.
I wore these shoes out tonight, and I think a few of the patrons at the leagues club may have snapped their necks turning around quickly to check them out! The poor old dears were blinded by my neon heels! lol. I do love a good wedge heel...now I just need to work out which other outfits I can wear them with, because it is love.
Dressing with retro flair doesn't mean you have to step back in time entirely...just add a few retro inspired accessories and stay true to your current style!
What I wore...
Dress | City Chic
Cardigan | Autograph
Leggings | TS14+
Heels | Rubi Shoes
Necklace | Colette
Bangles | Equip
Earrings | Diva




You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...