Wednesday, January 9, 2013

One little word for 2013...ENERGY!

Welcome to 2013! I'm still in denial that it's already one and half weeks into the new year. Time needs to slow down some. I am not one for resolutions...they just don't work for me. I do however love choosing that one little word to guide my entire year. Over the years, I've selected happy, discover, organise...and more.

This year, it's all about ENERGY!
[source]
Why "energy"?
For the last 12 months, I have been plodding along...just existing. Not particularly giving anything my all. This year, I aim to change that. I will do more than merely be alive.

For me, "energy" means...
  • waking up feeling enthusiastic for the day
  • approaching every task with the commitment to do my very best
  • spending time playing with the kids, not just observing from the sidelines
  • dedicating time to my health and well-being
  • investing time in my relationship with my husband
  • making my home a beautiful and serene place to live
  • turning off the pc more often, and being present in everyday life
  • growing confidence in myself
  • falling asleep each night knowing that I've given my all!
Over the next 12 months, I will share a series of progress posts about my energy experiences. I'm feeling very positive already. First step, write an action plan for myself...after all, goals are just dreams with a deadline.

Have you chosen a word for 2013? Share in the comments below...

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...