Thursday, January 17, 2013

Aussie Curves | Secondhand

This week, the Aussie Curves ladies have been challenged to showcase looks using secondhand fashion items...whether that be from clothing swaps, ebay, thrift shops, hand-me-downs, or any other way you can source it.  I jumped feet first into the challenge, and did a little opportunity shopping...my first time for plus-sized items.
I had it in my mind that I wouldn't find a single thing. Wrong!  My first stop was Mission Australia. Not only was I surprised to find two really long racks of quality clothing...I found this gorgeous Leona Edmiston dress for the bargain price of $20!  The moment I tried it on, it was coming home with me. It had the tiniest of holes in the back, which I easily fixed. Love the colour, and the fit is fab.
Heading over to the register, I spied this pretty purple clutch. Turns out...it's another Leona Edmiston! It was priced at $65, and looks brand-spanking new. Just one problem. I only had $60 in my purse. What to do, what to do! I negotiated with the sales person, and she sold me the dress and clutch for $60! Talk about a bargain. Lesson here...don't be afraid to barter.
My next stop was the Salvation Army to search for a pair of shoes. Luckily for me, they were having a 50% off sale. These super gorgeous heels by Kumfs were marked at $15...so I only paid $7.50...and they've NEVER been worn! Another bargain for me. What's more, they fit perfectly...just like Cinderella.
I love the eclectic designer look I've managed to pull together for only $67.50. I know if I'd paid retail, I would have been out of pocket over $600...at least!
What I wore...
Dress | Leona Edmiston (thrifted)
Heels | Kumfs (thrifted)
Clutch handbag | Leona Edmiston (thrifted)
Accessories | Diva

Next time you pass by a charity store, pop in and have a look around. You never know what you might find!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...