Monday, October 22, 2012

Aussies Curves | Breaking the rules...

This week is all about breaking the rules...stepping out in whatever you want, and saying hey, I make this work! Today I'm going to debunk a few of those fashion rules...
These fashion "rules" have been around for so long, I'm not sure where they even originated from. 
  1. Never wear black and navy together.
  2. Never mix your metal jewellery.
  3. Pear shaped women shouldn't wear clothing with pockets on the hips.
Every week I dress up and have photos taken for the Aussie Curves challenge. Usually I pop on my outfit, doll myself up a bit, have hubby takes some happy snaps, then whip it off again. This week I broke my own routine rule...and went out for a date with hubby instead! Great use of an Aussie Curves challenge outfit, if I do say so myself.
When I bought this dress online, I actually thought it would be black or perhaps a really dark grey...turns out it was navy. If I want to wear it, I have to break the rules and pop on my favourite black leggings. There's just no avoiding it. It's a tad too short for me, and a girl needs to know her knickers are covered should she need to bend over. I'm comfortable, and feel confident...and that's all that matters.
To make my outfit pop, I've thrown on a heap of metal jewellery. Who said you shouldn't mix different metals? Here I've bundled together gold and silver bangles, with a chunky silver ring and rose gold necklace...and it all works! It's in balance, so why stress about it.
Lastly, let's address the pocket issue...these pockets are so exaggerated, they look more like a pleat or just draped fabric. Sure they may add a little extra bulk to my hips, but I'm woman enough to handle it.
What I wore...
Dress | 17 Sundays
Leggings | Autograph
Boots | Rubi Shoes
Necklace | Rubi Shoes
Bangles | Colette Accessories
Ring | Lovisa

Rules broken.

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...