Monday, October 29, 2012

Aussie Curves | Skirts

This week's Aussie Curves challenge is all about the humble skirt. No matter your preferred style...mini, maxi, pencil, A-line, or balloon (please god no)...the skirt is an essential in every woman's wardrobe.
The skirt is one of the most versatile pieces of clothing you can wear, and a bold, striped maxi skirt such as this one, can be worn with so many different tops to change the look. I've kept the lines of this outfit clean by colour blocking my top half with royal blue and black.
I have accessorised my outfit with a variety of pearls...mimicking the off-white from the skirt's stripe, and to draw attention to my neckline.  The collar necklace is such a cute addition, and definitely dresses up this otherwise smart casual ensemble. A hint of neon would take this outfit to a whole other level and make the royal blue pop even more!
I debated long and hard about wearing a strappy sandal with this skirt, but decided the thin straps would clash with the skirt's stripes. A peep toe boot works well; adding solid black at the base of my outfit ties in the jacket and belt.
I do love a maxi skirt, and this outfit is so comfortable...perfect for going out for lunch on a warm day, or to wear to the office. Thankfully my office has a casual approach to work wear...no corporate suits for us!
A short-sleeved bat wing cardigan does double duty...draping over my lumps and bumps to balance out my shoulders and hips...and keeping me warm in the cool office air-conditioning as well.
What I wore...
Maxi Skirt | Kmart
T-shirt | Kmart
Jacket | Kmart
Belt | Autograph
Shoes & Earrings | Rubi Shoes
Necklace & Ring | Equip
Bracelet | Cotton on Kids (it's actually a necklace wrapped around my wrist)

I'm not the first Aussie Curves gal to wear this skirt...check out how Jeanie from Inspired Wish, and Jac from Common Chaos Chronicles styled it!

What's your preferred style of skirt?

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...