Saturday, May 8, 2010

Scrapware reveal...SIA wrap up...

So, for those not in the know...SIA is the Scrapbook Industry of Australia tradeshow and this week saw the 3rd annual show take place, and to say I'm exhausted is an understatement! The Scrapware stand was busy the whole time with people loving the make 'n' takes designed by Linda Baldock.  Three full days...setting up, showing off our wares, catching up with friends and making new ones...I even managed to scrapbook in the hotel room...it was fabulous!

Here's the Scrapware stand, all set up and ready for the day's trading...from the left...
 ...and the right.  The walls were full of inspirational layouts by the whole Scrapware design team, and the table filled with off the page projects...mini albums, frames, wearable art...you name it!
Our theme for this year was black and red...and since I love to coordinate, I even wore red shoes! lol. I totally love my headband...a bargain find at my local thrift shop.
Ange's mother in law made us the cutest polka dot aprons, Linda created some gorgeous wearable art, and Naomi made name tags for us using my new clipboard design.
Here's the team, all ready for Day One...feeling all nervous and excited...from left to right Gilly Lester, Angela Connolly, me, and Linda Baldock in front.
Just after the doors opened for the day, a massive dragonfly landed on my chest and scared the heck out of me. He must have thought my flowers were real. lol. I took it as a good luck sign.
Scrapware released a huge amount of product at the show, and several of my own designs were included in the collection.  You can check out all the new releases in the "What's New" section of the Scrapware website.  Here's my new stuff...
I also taught a class using Scrapware's new 12" Circle Frame. It was such a relaxing class...no pressure whatsoever...and plenty of time to work at your own pace. That's how I roll. I hate teaching / going to a class and not walking out with a finished project! Here's some of my class participants beavering away. Thanks Rose-Anne and Mel for posing. lol.
...and here's the finished product!  The papers are from Memento's Winter CHA 2010 release.  The instructions for the class are available from Scrapware when you purchase the chipboard sheet.
I had a chance to set up a heap of accounts for Storyboard and check out new product...planning loads of future kits in my mind.  Everyone I spoke to seemed really interested in my kits. Let's hope that translates to sales once they debut! lol.  Anyway...there are plenty more photos on my Facebook page.  Check them out!

tfl, Lis.

4 comments:

Nic F said...

It was fab to FINALLY meet you in the flesh Lisa!! Scrapware was easily one of my fave booths too.

Much love N x

Jana Eubank said...

Just GORGEOUS, Lisa!!! Love your new designs and that page is TO DIE FOR!!! You are amazing!

Cass said...

Roseanne and Mel from Cropworks! Such sweet ladies. :)

Janinek said...

Fantastic to finally meet you Lisa! Loved the Make and Take and cant wait to get that birdcage on one of my pages!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...