Friday, January 7, 2011

Day 30 of 30

Day 30 – A photograph of yourself today + three good things that have happened in the past 30 days

So, this morning I realised that I needed a photo of myself from today...so at 6.45am I headed out the front and snapped off a couple of selfies by the infamous brick wall (good lighting). Came inside, uploaded them and realised how tired I look! lol. This is what happens when you sleep in until after 9am for 2 weeks and then have to go back to work! hehe. Thankfully today is my last day at work for a couple of weeks. YIPPEE!!!
Now onto the important stuff...three good things.  Since my "30 days" have taken me about 60+ (lolz), I will focus on December/January...

Good Thing No. One
This year I decided to be selfish and think of my family first for Christmas Day. My children had never spent Christmas Day at home, so this year we decided to ditch the travel for a lovely, relaxing day at home. We slept in, we took our time opening pressies and playing, we had a delicious fresh seafood lunch, and I made healthy salads from scratch. It was fabulous. There was no pressure what so ever.  I think this was a lesson for the coming years. No more competing for the coveted Christmas Day lunch. No more travelling ridiculous distances on the busiest day of the year.  Lesson no. 1 would be there's 364 other days in the year to see our families and visits shouldn't be reserved for that one day.

Good Thing No. Two
I treated myself to a pedicure and a haircut. Seems simple enough right?  Its amazing what a freshly painted set of toenails does to a girls self esteem. Not to mention sitting in the massage chair while someone massages your feet and legs...bliss! I love having someone play with my hair too. I could sit in the hairdresser's chair all day, but in reality it only happens a couple of times a year. I like to cut it short in summer and grow it out the rest of the year. I'm incredibly slack that way.  Lesson no. 2 would be to visit the beauty salon more often throughout the year.

Good Thing No. Three
Oh, and I love this one. Andrew and I went to see Bon Jovi! We never ever agree on music and often I'll go to a concert with girlfriends instead, but when the Bon Jovi tickets were going on sale, Andrew actually wanted to go!  We had such a fabulous time!! Singing at the top of our lungs and soaking up the concert atmosphere. Absolutely fantastic!  I first saw Bon Jovi in 1988, and they were as good, if not better, more than 20 years later.  Ever since then, our whole family has been Bon Jovi obsessed. Seth got their greatest hits cd for Christmas and he's been playing it non-stop. Eme loves watching their film clips and makes up little dances to the songs...hilarious!  Lesson no. 3 would be to rock out with our *&^%s out more often! Whooahhhhh, we're half way there...

-----------------------------------------------

There you have it peeps...30 days of me (or more like 30 posts of me). Done and dusted.  I'm so proud of myself for getting all the way through! Yay me!!

I have absolutely loved this journey, and I can't wait to do another meme...totally hooked!

Cheers, Lis.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

I just started today, it has been so wonderful to read each of your entries and I felt inspired to not just sit and read it but just do it, so thanks as always for your inspiration

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...