Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 13 of 30

Day 13 – Your favourite musician and why?

Not so much a musician, but a band...Noiseworks! They have been rockin' it since the 80s (when all music was good, no matter how daggy). The first concert I went to without parents was the Noiseworks "Touch" tour at the Hordern Pavillion in 1988. Loved it!!
These pics were taken last year at Shellharbour Workers Club...front row thank you very much!

I have every record, single, cd, video (yes, I'm ancient now) ever released. I used to have their album covers blutacked to my walls as art. I could tell some very embarrassing stories of my youth here, but I'll refrain. One of my most favourite memories though occured in 1991. My school teacher, Mr Howitt, was writing a new book for his History of the Rock and Roll Years class. He was interviewing Jon Stevens (Noiseworks frontman) and asked if I wanted to come along and take the photos...hell yes!! I had the best time, sitting there, listening to Jon tell stories from his youth. Definitely the highlight of my year.

Even now when I hear their music on the radio, it just warms my soul and I have to sing along. Every note, every lyric, every guitar solo just moves me.

Those days we left behind, will always be around
For in this heart of mine, I will never forget the times
In my youth - always dreamin'
In my youth - I believe in
Innocence was mine - in my youth

Thanks for the trip down memory lane meme...ahhhh...

Cheers, Lis.

3 comments:

Jodi Dolbel said...

Hell Yes!!!
I saw these guys live at the Moree B&S 100 years ago.....well, maybe not 1oo but it feels like that sometimes!

Cheyne Fanke said...

Hey Lisa - Jon Stevens was doing a live & intimate show at Jamberoo Pub recently - dinner + show & only about 50 people. I think he will be back there. Join Jamberoo Pub on facebook & it will keep you in the loop :-)
Cheyne

Anonymous said...

OMG This was an awesome night and we waited outside for them afterwards, i still ahve the signed drumstick that we got, do you remember ;-))))))

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...