Thursday, June 2, 2011

You have discovered you have 15 minutes to live...

In recent months, I have been taking the opportunity to actually write on my blog, not just post my crafty pursuits. I love the challenge and mental download writing offers, and I've been looking for more writing opportunities.  The lovely Kirri pointed me in the direction of the #trust30 writing challenge, an online initiative that encourages you to reflect on the now and create direction for your future.

Over the next 30 days, I will be taking part in the #trust30 writing challenge.  This initiative was inspired by the Domino Project, and is part of a celebration of Ralph Waldo Emerson’s 208th birthday – a great thinker, who encouraged self-reliance and betterment.  Since I've started late, I might have to double up on a couple of days.

Day one: Writing prompt by Gwen Bell - "You have discovered you have 15 minutes to live"

Fifteen minutes doesn't seem like an awful lot of time, but the less time you have, the more you can cram into it.  In fact, to a person who only has fifteen minutes, it could feel like a lifetime.

Fifteen minutes wasted would pass in a nanosecond. I won't be stressing about paying the bills on time, folding the never ending pile of washing and doing the dishes, worrying about past regrets, nor spending it with people who don't make me feel good about myself.

Fifteen minutes is precious and should be treated as such.  There are only three people in this whole world who I would want to spent my time with. No disrespect to friends or family, but I'm sure faced with the same dilemma, you would chose to share it with your very most inner circle.

I would hold my husband and children close and tell them how much I love them. We would share our last floor picnic and laugh together. We would cry together. I would kiss my husband one last time so that the taste of him lingers on my lips forever. I might even let the dog sit on the lounge. Just once.

My needs are simple. The prospect of only fifteen minutes puts it into perspective.

All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Fifteen. Just fifteen. What would you do?



You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...