Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 1 of 30

Day 1 – A photo of yourself and a description of how your day was...
About the photo
This photo was taken last week and is my current facebook profile. I kind of like it. Andrew took it for me. The chins aren't in their multiples thanks to the angle it was taken on. lol. I really struggle to find nice, fashionable clothes that fit and that coral coloured t-shirt is kind of cute...plus there's bling on it...what girl wouldn't be happy with that! The necklace is just a bit of fun...I love costume jewellery. I didn't even touch up the stray grey hairs...its all me!

So today...
It didn't quite pan out the way I had planned. Today was a day to sort out my workspace and creative space, to print photos and get ready for this weekend's pink ribbon crop and to sort out myself. What happened was the polar opposite. I did nothing. I had an hour long therapeutic chat with my sister whilst laying in bed, procrastinated on the computer then had to pick up Seth from school.  The afternoon brought along another headache and thankfully it was nipped in the bud before turning into a full blown migraine. I'm tired now though. I really should be in bed!  Dinner was a favourite...chicken scallopini fettuccine with avocado and loads of black pepper. I watched my usual Wednesday night shows The Block and The United States Of Tara. I love both of them...one makes me want to get out the sledgehammer, the other leaves me hanging for next week's installment...you can make up your mind on that one.

Thoughts...
It has been occurring to me lately that my blog has become pretty much 100% scrapbooking and that's not what the intention was when I first started. Even hubby has said that he doesn't visit anymore because he used to like reading the stories. I know there's more to tell than the one line comments I post in facebook, so now is the time to make my blog more real. It was getting to the point where I wasn't posting anything for a week because I had nothing scrappy to share. Our other stories are just as important and I will be combining those from now on. So, while there'll still be loads of scrapbooking posts, there'll be a lot more life posts as well. I look forward to sharing our stories...some humorous, some happy, some sad, but all real. No more sugar coating.

Cheers, Lis.

Thirty days of me - full list

2 comments:

Jodi Dolbel said...

You look adorable Lisa!!!
I find the same with clothes. Its so frustrating finding nice fashionable young looking clothes, and i find myself dressing more and more like grandma Dolbel because i cant fit my bum into anything decent!! I hate it! Then when companys do cater for the over size 16, they make everything so form fitting you cant wear it anyway! I know there are lumps there, i dont need everyone else to know too!!! Grr!!
What grey hairs??? lol

katepickle said...

Popping over from AMB and just wanted to say what a lovely photo that is! I just LOVE your hair!

I'm a digi scrapper and it's funny that you say your blog is getting too much about scrapping because mine started out about scrapping then suddenly became too much about everything else! LOL Blog have a funny way of evolving.. go with it.. and enjoy it!

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...