Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Day 27 of 30

Day 27 – A picture of you last year and now and how have you changed since then?

Too funny. I haven't compared photos of myself over a 12 month period...ever!  The other day I got really sick of my long hair and decided to chop it short. Looks like I had the same idea last year too. lol.  Something about summer and needing a shorter do. Much more manageable.

Lisa - 2010

Lisa - 2011
So, obviously I'm another year older and a few kilos heavier. Aside from that, I'm still my super cute self. lol.

In the last 12 months loads of things have been happening...from launching Storyboard Kits to going part time and undertaking a new role at work. Its been very challenging, yet very rewarding.  I don't really want to reflect on the last year though...I want to look forward.  I am so excited about the forthcoming 12 months. This year as I mentioned in a previous post, is a year of discovery.

Step one is participating in a workshop at Simplify 101...how to achieve your goals and create a life you love.  Sounds perfect to me.

I truly feel I am working towards a life I love. I even mentioned to Andrew last night that we should draw up a chores roster so that I am contributing more. Too often I leave it all up to him, and I feel guilty about it all the time. Time to stop whining and just do it. Life will be so much easier!  I'm also working on a journal. I haven't kept one since I was a teenager! This one is perfect though. One line a day for the next 5 years!
I picked up this little gem from Amazon ages ago. I really wanted to start on 1 Jan, just to keep it tidy.
I think this journal was made for me. No long entries, just a quick sentence. Essentially its a paper version of twitter or facebook. If I can manage to put something on fb, then I can write it down here. I think it will be fun to look back on.

This year, I will also be discovering how good a planner is. I really want to work on getting organised. I have so many competing deadlines...in my business, my employment, my home, and my dt work. Sometimes its hard to get it all done and sometimes life gets in the way, then I end up leaving it to the last minute. Mind you, sometimes I do my best work when I'm under immense pressure! I've been living far too long in Covey's quadrant 1. Time to make better use of my time. Here's to all of these tools being put into practise.  Looking forward to reviewing all of this in 12 months time!

Cheers, Lis.

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...