Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Serendipity...

A few weeks ago, some scrappy friends and I decided to started doing some scrapping about ourselves in 2010.  Its time to get in my own albums!  The kids are in no doubt as to how much I love them and what they did growing up, but they don't know a whole lot about me.  Life is short and its time to document some of it.  The premise we came up with was one layout a week about ourselves...it could be something that we've done or something we're thinking about or feeling.  Sandra got some gorgeous American Crafts 8.5x11 albums in for us to use...mine is a gorgeous "brown sugar" corduroy...love it!  I can't wait to start filling it up.  Then the other day, I read this post on Janna Wilson's blog.  Seems like a lot of us are thinking the same thing!  Such a fabulous idea...get away from the scrapping commitments and do something for ourselves.  Don't get me wrong; I absolutely love the DT's I'm on, but its good to do something just for me occasionally.

So last night I sat down and created a title page for my album.  I've decided that the only thing I'm buying for this project is the album and page protectors.  I'm going to use only what is currently in my stash.  I have more cardstock than I know what to do with, so this way I'll reduce it by at least 54 sheets - title page, 52 weeks of layouts and a summary page at the end.  I've been hanging onto that sheet of Love Elsie pp for the longest time and now I have the perfect reason to use it.  I LOVE TO CREATE.

I also have a tonne of 7gyspies stickers in my stash and they are perfect for almost every layout!  This one on my title page is meant for birthday themed layouts, but it speaks volumes to me..."Make every day a holiday and celebrate just living!".  Perfect.

I've also never really scrapped in a 8.5x11 format, so I think doing something out of the norm for myself will be so refreshing.  I'm almost finished my first layout for the album...just have to stick down the photos and journal.

If you feel like playing along, leave me a comment with a link to your blog...I'd love to sticky beak!

Cheers, Lis.

4 comments:

Charleegirl said...

Got my photos printed and ready to go... Just havent done the LO yet... Its next on my list but. I am going to try to do the LO before the next week so I dont get behind cause that will just totally throw me!! Also gotta pick up my album from Sandra....

The Mom said...

Great idea! I so need to use up my stash too!!

What ever happened to the color combos challenge blog do you know by chance?

Tammy said...

I think this is a fantastic idea I will definitely be playing along. Better go get started on week 1 & 2!

Nina said...

hi Lisa,

i have been blog surfing and came across your blog ... i love your creations!!

i particularly love the concept of this idea ... i rarely (and i mean rarely) scrap about anyone or anything that is not directly associated with my kids.

i love the idea of using up your stash to create the album too ... another thing i should do more of!! hehe.

do you mind if i also join in with this challenge ... I would really love to ... is that ok?

You might also like...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...